Making a plaster mold with Plastermix
- Sandtastik Plastermix of the color of your choice. (Try mixing colors for interesting results). Amount is dependent on the size of your mold.
- A bucket or any large container you can use for mixing.
- A stick or anything else you can use for mixing.
- Water. Amount is dependent on the size of your mold.
- A measuring cup or container to help measure your amounts of water and plaster.
- A mold of your choice
- Measure Plastermix – 1 cup of Plastermix for every ½ cup of water.
- Stir the Plastermix and water into your bucket until you obtain a smooth consistency. (Try to be quick the plaster starts to dry quickly after being mixed with water)
- Pour into desired mold.
- Let dry approx. 45-60 minutes. Drying times will vary for larger castings.
- Carefully remove Plastermix casting from mold.
- Your casting is now ready to be decorated or left as is.